BÁRBARA KOSEN: 2021 NEW YEAR LETTER & ACTIVITIES CALENDAR
I don’t know if it makes sense to wish you a good new year; I will wish you at least the best possible, because it seems that this year 2021 is like the previous year, confinement, fear, doubts and little mobility. Here at Shorin-ji I am very grateful, surrounded by a small sangha together in the harmony of daily practice.
However, we must bear in mind that we can fight both for ourselves and for the community, following hygiene rules, washing our hands well and regularly, wearing a mask and observing our state of health. So, of course, because this health and social issue is carried out in the ordinary world, there are those for “yes” and there are those for “no” ….
Please, do not stay locked in the duality of thought, do not get trapped by the fear of falling ill or transmitting a disease, but observe your mind and let the thoughts pass, as in zazen. I believe that in this way, you can find inner peace and transmit it to others, as true bodhisattvas.
In the temple we continue our rhythm of practice, just as we have done last year.
Lastly, I want to thank the people who have made a donation to the association during this period of “apocalypse”, as a friend of mine says.
Concentrate well on your daily actions, on the here and now, and on keeping your mind at peace.
With the three treasures,
Sesshin in 2021 will take place in Shorin-ji on the following dates:
- March 6 and 7, Sesshin.
- April 1, 2, 3 and 4, Easter Sesshin, preceded by a samu time for those who can escape.
- May 1, 2 and 3, Sesshin of gratitude towards Master Deshimaru.
- June 12 and 13, Sesshin del Kesa.
Summer Camp (Ango):
- August 1 to 7 (1st Session).
- August 10 to 16 (2nd Session).
- August 19 to 25 (3rd Session).
- This year we will also finish the Ango with a session from August 27 to 30.
Like last year, we have modified the structure of the Ango and this year the sessions will also have 3 days of preparation and 4 days of Sesshin.
- October 9, 10, 11 and 12, Sesshin.
- October 30, 31 and November 1 Sesshin.
- 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of December Sesshin Satori of Buddha.
- December 28, 29 and 30, End of the year Sesshin.
- December 31 at 00:00, ceremony of the 108 bells and reveillon.
- January 1, 2022, first New Year’s zazen and Fuse ceremony.
- January 2, 3, 4 and 5, 2022, Samu de los Reyes.
In Madrid on July 3 and 4, calligraphy workshop with maestro Christophe.
I also don’t know if we will be able to do it this summer, but a Japanese professional sculptor of buddhas figures wants to teach a course at Shorin-ji.
If you are interested, stay tuned, as we will communicate it.