ANGO means “living together in happiness” in Japanese. During a month, we will continue the tradition that started with Shakyamuni Buddha, who gathered his disciples together during the rainy season in order to live and practice together. The Ango will be lead by master Bárbara Kosen, who practices the Ango tradition for over 40 years.
The Ango, also called “Summer Camp”, will be held during three sessions of 9 days during the month of August.
One session consists of:
- Preparation, with three zazen sessions per day, teachings in the Dojo by Bárbara Kosen, lectures about the spirit of zen practice, mondo: questions and answers, samu practice: the attention with which actions are carried out, physical activity in relation to the daily life in the temple. Every day there will also be introductory lessons about traditions related to zen such as zen cooking, Kesa sewing, Yoga, Shiatsu or Ikebana, depending on the session of the Ango.
- Day of rest during which one can enjoy the clear water of the streams of the mountains of the Sierra de Gredos and surroundings in the La Vera region, province of Cáceres.
- Sesshin, or intensive practice, during 2 and a half days.
DATES AND PRICES
- First session: from Sunday 2 August until Sunday the 9th. This session is more intensive, with only two preparation days (2-3 August) and a long sesshin (4-9 August)
- Second session: from Wednesday 12 August until Thursday the 20th
- Third session: from Sunday 23 until Monday the 31th . In this sesion there will be monk and bodhisattva ordinations
Arrivals are the day before the start of each session.
There will be no admittances to the Sesshins once a Sesshin has started.
Stay in a 3-5 person cabin, 350 EUR, stay in dormitory, dojo or your own tent 300 EUR.
The permanent participants are those who have decided to do the entire summer camp (all three sessions). This needs to be requested via a letter or e-mail a month and a half in advance. Send letters for the attention of Bárbara Kosen, per address of the Mokusan Dojo in Madrid. Permanent participants will have the advantage of a special price and will participate in the responsibilities. Additionally, they help with the preparations for and the closing of the Ango and will therefore have to arrive two days in advance and are also asked to stay at least one day more at the end.
IT IS INDISPENSABLE TO
- be a member of the Taisen Desshimaru Zen Association. The annual fee of 20 EUR may be paid at Shorin-ji
- bring a flashlight, bowl and sleeping bag
Asociación Zen Taisen Deshimaru. C/ Conde de Romanones 5, 3º Izq. 28012 Madrid
+34 673 500 614 / +34 686 656 169