ANGO means “living together in happiness” in Japanese. During a month, we will continue the tradition that started with Shakyamuni Buddha, who gathered his disciples together during the rainy season in order to live and practice together. The Ango will be lead by master Bárbara Kosen, who practices the Ango tradition for over 40 years.
The Ango, also called “Summer Camp” will take place in 5 seven-day sessions during the months of July and August. The number of participants will be reduced to respect the security measures by Covid. It is necessary to register in advance.
One session consists of:
- 3 days of preparation, with three zazen sessions per day, teachings in the Dojo by Bárbara Kosen, lectures about the spirit of zen practice, mondo: questions and answers, samu practice: the attention with which actions are carried out, physical activity in relation to the daily life in the temple.
- 3 days and 1/2 of Sesshin: intensive practice, with 4 zazen per day.
DATES AND PRICES
- First session: from July 15 to 21.
- Second session: from July 24 to 30.
- Third session: from 2 to 8 August.
- August 9-14: Time for samu and temple life
- Fourth session: from August 15 to 21.
- Fifth session: from August 24 to 30.
Arrival will take place the afternoon before the start of each session or during the first day of preparation. The departure will take place in the afternoon of the last day or in the morning of the following day.
One session: € 230
Two sessions: € 400
Three sessions: € 500
Permanent throughout the Ango: € 600
The permanent participants are those who have decided to do the entire summer camp (all three sessions). This needs to be requested via a letter or e-mail a month and a half in advance. Send letters for the attention of Bárbara Kosen, per address of the Mokusan Dojo in Madrid. Permanent participants will have the advantage of a special price and will participate in the responsibilities. Additionally, they help with the preparations for and the closing of the Ango and will therefore have to arrive five days in advance and are also asked to stay at least one day more at the end.
IT IS INDISPENSABLE TO
- be a member of the Taisen Desshimaru Zen Association. The annual fee of 20 EUR may be paid at Shorin-ji
- bring a flashlight, bowl and sleeping bag
Asociación Zen Taisen Deshimaru. C/ Conde de Romanones 5, 3º Izq. 28012 Madrid
+34 673 500 614 / +34 686 656 169